Webb was a stage station of early days.
Originally located by and named for Robert M. Tyler. He applied for a
post office, but authorities refused to call it Tyler, so Tyler named it for
his father-in-law, J. D. Webb, which was acceptable. It is located in
the Sulphur Springs Valley on the Eastern Pacific and Southwest Railroad, 24
miles west of Douglas. Post office was established November 18, 1909.
The post office and school are now private residences.